From 2014 Dr. Andrés Fuentes is Associate Professor at Departamento de Industrias, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile. The research activities are carried out in the EC2G Group from 2010. Originally from Santiago, Chile, he graduated with an Industrial Engineering from the University Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile. He earned his Msc and PhD in Fluid Mechanics, Energy and Combustion at University of Poitiers, France. He also worked (2007) as a Research Fellow at the BRE Centre for Fire Safety Engineering at the University of Edinburgh. Also was Maître des Conférences at Ecole Polytechnique Universitaire de Marseille, Université de Provence (Aix-Marseille 1), France. In this institution the research activities were carried out in the Fire Dynamics Group at IUSTI, from 2007.
The research interests include:
- Thermal energy engineering.
- Energy conversion and clean energy technologies.
- Heat and mass transfer processes in combustion.
- Microgravity and smouldering combustion.
- Thermal solar energy.
- PhD Fluid Mechanics, Mayor in Energy Université de Poitiers, France
- MSc Energy and Combustion, Université de Poitiers, France
- Ingeniero Civil Industrial, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile
Selected Research Grants
- FONDECYT 1161453. Towards Cleaner Combustion: Characterization of te Sooting Propensity of Biofuels (Pi), 2016-2018.
- REDES140625. Energy Conversion and Combustion Group (Pi), 2015-2016.
- UC Berkeley-Chile Seed Funds, University of California, Berkeley (Pi), 2015-2016.
- FONDECYT 1130627. Soot Production in an Inverse Diffusion Flame: Application for Non-Conventional Fuels (Pi), 2013-2015.
- FONDECYT 1130957. Characterization of Chilean biomass fuels using calorimetric methods (CoPi), 2013-2015.
- REDES130090. Energy Conversion and Combustion Group (CoPi), 2013-2014.
- FONDECYT 1100913. Soot Production in a Laminar Diffusion Flame: Application for Non-Conventional Fuels (Pi), 2010-2012.
- Oxygen index effect on the structure of a laminar boundary layer diffusion flame in a reduced gravity environment, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute (2016) p. 1-9.
- Unified behavior of soot production and radiative heat transfer in ethylene, propane and butane axisymmetric laminar diffusion flames at different oxygen indices, Fuel 183 (2016) p. 668-679.
- Radiation measurement based on spectral emissions in industrial flames, Measurement 87 (2016) p. 62-73.
- Sensitivity analysis of a photovoltaic solar plant in Chile, Renewable Energy 87 (2016) p. 145-153.
- Effects of oxygen index on soot production and temperature in a ethylene inverse diffusion flame, Emperimental Thermal and Fluid Science 73 (2016) p. 101-108.
- Analysis of a solar and aerothermal plant combined with a conventional system in an ESCO model in Chile, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 60 (2016) p. 1156-1167.
For more information, visit EC2G.